Our CALL FOR MAKERS is now open!
We’re looking for shed dwellers, couch crafters and kitchen table tinkerers to share their passion for making and show off their home-grown projects, at the 6th Derby Mini Maker Faire.
The first step to participating in the Maker Faire is to submit an entry that tells us about yourself and your project. Entries can be submitted from individuals; groups such as hobbyist clubs and schools; commercial makers or crafters; startups; and companies.
Here’s some suggested ideas for topics that we’re looking for:
- Wearables, E-Textiles, Fashion Tech
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Drones and RC Fun
- Digital Fabrication – 3D Printers, CNC
- Open Hardware Projects
- Design: Industrial, Fashion, Product, Urban
- Young Makers and School Maker Clubs
- Music Performance
- Hacks of Any Sort
- Foundry and Blacksmithing
- How-To Workshops
- Electronic Projects
- Textiles and Arts and Crafts
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Sustainable Transportation
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Bicycles and Human-Powered Machines
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)